Flutterby is the most creative, engaging keynote you'll ever see
Flutterby will set the stage for your conference or special event, establish the tone for a successful fundraiser and move your audience to understand and experience things that are otherwise difficult to grasp.
Presented in such an innovative and artistic way, whether you're a medical professional or in an ancillary field, a caretaker or family member, you will gain a deeper understanding of what families go through. You'll learn how you too can connect with patients, support families or be with a loved one in a way that opens up your heart and mind.
Flutterby has two parts:
- Performance art: A 40-minute dramatic reading accompanied by music.
- Visual art: An exhibit of 17 framed art pieces and narrative. See Gallery
The two parts can be presented together or individually, depending on venue, program and your particular needs. It can include other educational components including a question and answer forum, panel discussion or teaming up with other health care professionals.
As an educational tool
can be presented at conferences, meetings, training programs or special events. Its message is relevant to families, health care professionals, students and anyone who deals with patients and families. It can be offered by a company or institution to help relay a message of compassionate care. Andrea is available for panel discussions, question-and-answer sessions and informal interaction with the audience.
As a unique fundraiser
Audiences respond intensely to Flutterby
. When the program was still a work-in-progress, 100 percent of the audience invited to a workshop performance wrote checks – some more than once – for its development. In the words of one viewer who attended Flutterby's
premiere performance, “It’s a privilege and a gift to see this. You want to give back.”
The program serves as a catalyst on many levels:
As an art exhibit
- Creates a vehicle to talk about a difficult subject.
- Opens up avenues of communication for families.
- Offers a deeper understanding of what families go through.
- Opens up ways to connect with loved ones during times of loss.
- Encourages people to share and express their own feelings.
- Provides caregivers with ideas on how to connect.
- Opens up thinking on ways caregivers can support families.
- Provides a healing experience for those facing end-of-life issues.
was born from an artist's and writer’s instinct to reach out, to connect, to preserve, to understand and to transcend the pain and uncertainty of inescapable loss.
Andrea's sketches, watercolors and narrative offer moving, visually arresting insights into the role of art and self expression in life's most difficult moments. Your organization can create a special event that includes an art exhibit and the performance for an evening of stimulating visual and performance art.